Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Pregnant!!!

Yep that's right preggers. I am 14 weeks today. We are so shocked it's not even funny. Basically we just completed all the adoption process for local adoption and we got this lovely surprise. I will never forget how I felt when I finally saw those two little pink lines on the home pregnancy test. I just stood there and said NO WAY!!! and started shaking like crazy. Now get this, I figured I was a week late but then of course I second guessed myself because this has happened before and it just turned out my calendar math was off. So I'm wandering around the dollar store and I notice they have pregnancy tests for $1.00 LOL! So I thought why not it's only a buck and what will it hurt. Well when I peed on that little stick it instantly turned 2 pink lines and I nearly fainted right then and there. So I call my BFF Tara and tell her and we are both freaking out on the phone. She told me to swing by a pharmacy on the way home and spend some money on a "better" test just to make sure. So that's what I did. Well of course two little pink lines appeared again and Tara and I were jumping up and down in her bathroom. So the moral of the storey is the dollar store tests do work, lol, just joking!!!

Anyways off I went home with my two little positive tests to show Jason. When I got home he was doing dishes. I set the tests out for him to see and I stood there with a big goofy smile on my face. So when he finally noticed them and says to me, Is Tara pregnant again? WTF??? LOL? Anyways he was speachless when I explained to him that it was me.

We have already had an early utlra sound, to make sure the little bean is in the right spot and not in my tube. It was measuring on par with how far along I was and the heart beat was there.

I had my first Dr.'s appointment at 12 weeks and we heard the heart beat right away so that was sooo reasuring. Now if I could just get rid of the sickness I would be all set. At first I was just always feeling nauseated then in the last 3 weeks it progressed to throwing up so that's not so nice, I'm also very very tired and usually go to bed around 8:30 as I can't keep my eyes open. But it is sooo worth it and I have waited so long for this to happen that I can suck it up no problem. My belly is starting to pop a little now, it looks more like I'm just gaining some weight than actually pregnancy at this point but oh well. I can still fit into my pants but I don't usually need a belt anymore. It just amazes me that I have a little person growing inside me, such a miracle for sure.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for the two of you guys. I was thinking that I haven't seen your blog for awhile to only be surprised to what was posted. It braught tears to my eyes thinking of the struggle to get to this point. Enjoy every moment of this journey. Don't forget to keep us updated on your pregnancy! Congratulations!