Well not much to update anyone on. Nothing new has happened since our final home visit. We do have to attend our final workshop in a couple weeks and we are just waiting to hear from our Social Workers.
My surgery is a week from tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to the actual surgery itself, I mean who does right! I hate the way I feel when I am trying to wake up, I get all panicked and can't catch my breath, I hate that feeling. And of course I always get sick from the meds. So it will definately be good to have it over with. Hopefully the final outcome with be worth it.
I did have a little sad moment today.........I started thinking about different friends and people that I know who have had babies and experienced the whole pregancy stuff. Well I am ok about 95% of the time with this, I feel I have dealt with it for the most part. But I guess what I feel like I am missing out on the most is having the experience with Jason, the whole moment of seeing your child come into the world and feeling those emotions together. Also just having that special bond that we made this little person together. I guess that's mostly what I am sad about now. It's just a total bummer sometimes to have to miss out on that miracle of having a child born to us.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can understand how you feel. It's a hard feeling to explain to someone that has children. Yes we will have the excitment of seeing our adopted children for the first time, but we are still missing that pregnancy experience that most of us long for.
I hope your surgery goes well. Keep me posted!
Post a Comment