Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Time Line So Far.........

I have had several people ask me if I was keeping a blog on our adoption journey. Well I use to write the odd thing on a site called Bebo so I thought that I would try this site instead as a couple of friends of mine use it. So basically this is the time line so far for bringing home our child:

February 27, 2007

I spoke to Richey Mayne on the telephone to ask some questions about local adoption here on PEI, she explained to me that there are not a lot of infants home come into care through child welfare, however, it does happen. She said she would send me the adoption application package via mail.

2nd Week of March

We received the adoption application the previous week and have filled it out and sent it back to Richey

September 2007

We received letter in mail stating our application has been sent to the department in Montague and they will be in contact with us to set up a time for our first Intake Visit.

October - December 2007

We have completed all our intake visits with the social workers and they are pleased with our openess with them

January 2008

We received a letter in the mail stating the letter of recommendation from our social workers had been recieved by Richey to further proceed with the Home Study portion of the process. We are also expected to attend a weekend workshop with other couples who are adopting at the first of Feb.

February 2008

We spent a weekend in Summerside with other couples who are in the same shoes as us. This was by far the best part of this journey for both of us so far. It was so reassuring to see that all these people have had such similar emotions and experiences as us. It was nice to have people fully understand what we have gone through.

February 19, 2008

This was our first home visit with our social workers. It went very well. I feel that we are very much ourselves with them. I feel quite comfortable around them and answering their questions.

February 26, 2008

Today was our second home visit...........more of the same type of questions, about our childhoods and family, hobbies and interests. Trust me they leave no subject untouched. Our next home visit is scheduled for March 11th. Stay Tuned....................

March 11, 2008

Well now they are doing our family trees.........this has been my least favorite part so far it is so long and tedious. Our next home visit is April 3. Hopefully less than a handful left after that one. We still have to get our physicals done, criminal checks. I will be glad when this is all done, it's exhausting trying to adopt.

No comments: